Monday, August 09, 2004

13 Hours of Photoshop

I accepted a very last minute assignment from my supervisor to complete a store picture of our staff. While that sounds simple, it most certainly was not.

Rather than assembling a group shot, because of time limitations, I had to take individual photos of my co-workers, and then edit them together to make it appear that we had all posed together.

I chose the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland as the background layer for my Photoshop extravaganza, and began cutting out backgrounds, fixing levels and colors, and resizing about 55 photos. 13 hours later, it was completed. I was able to email the completed photo to our home office 15 minutes before the scheduled deadline.

Addendum - We just discovered the secret purpose for the home office's request for this group photo...our store won BEST NEW STORE OF THE YEAR, and they used the photo on the plaque that was given to our store manager and assistant manager at the Leadership Meeting they attended!

No comments: