Friday, October 22, 2004

My Kadobi Afternoon

It was destined to be a great day today, because it was going to involve spending some time with my precious friend, the Nikon N70. I spent the late afternoon on a photo shoot with my friend, Kadobi, who is a white Jewish rapper. He is leaving on Sunday for a week in a New York recording studio, where he is recording his second album. The young Kadobi is quite a threat, as he not only raps, but writes and performs the beats, and produces his songs himself. So - you go Kadobi!

We were getting shots for the forthcoming CD, to be entitled, Conduct Unbecoming. As the rolls have not been developed yet, I can only report my gut feelings...but there is an overwhelming sense of certainty when you get what I refer to as the "money shot." I love that feeling...I suppose if I knew of a drug that would give me that feeling I might be interested in becoming a drug addict, but I have to think that the divine pleasure of the feeling is the fact that is so fleeting and rare... Anyway, this undeniable feeling of getting the unplanned, yet perfect moment came over me three times... so, as long as the shots are focused...I think we did real well.

It was great fun to work with only the vaguest of plans, and let happenstance dictate the choices. Things usually work out better that way, rather than going with a shooting plan etched in stone...then things don't work out right, and there is stress, which I hate. Hate stress.

One of our locations was a building I spotted when Sean was in town...and I was pretty sure that I remembered where I had seen it, but not completely. I was also afraid that since it looked so desolate and run-down and ghetto-ish, that it would have either fallen (or been) torn down. Happily, the shooting gods were on my side, and it was exactly where I thought, and even better for our purposes than I remembered.

Stay tuned for the CD release party info!

Following this adrenaline high, I kept an appointment I had made with a co-worker to see TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE.

I really don't want to talk about that film. The film gods were most definitely not looking out for me tonight.

No comments: