Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Guess Who's NOT Coming To Dinner...

I was listening to NPR this evening, and heard this report that the 1,000 evacuees that were expected to arrive in Ohio were now not coming.

They don't want to go so far away from home.

And as previous posts show, I am filled with empathy and all, but I can't help feeling like Ohio just got snubbed.

Granted, I will be the first to bitch about the weather here, as the last year of winter posts will attest, but this fair state has just GOT to be better than living in the Astrodome.

Sure Texas has cowboys, but we have Amish people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that people were put on a plane and not told until after takeoff where they were going to, they ended up in Utah. Another plane was supposed to go to a city in South Carolina and ended up in a city in with the same name in West Virginia. The WV state was not prepared at all while the SC state had everything set up for the evacuees. Don't take it personally, I have a pair of friends who managed to get out of New Orleans just in time who headed straight for Ohio. Some have choices, some don't. All are devastated.