Friday, April 14, 2006

Last Minute Easter Gifts

You have until April 21 to get your bid in on Ebay for a divine, if belated, Easter gift for your loved one... an Easter Egg with the face of Jesus! You could always try the "I hid your big present along with the other eggs in the egg hunt...you just didn't find it!" routine...But I cannot tell the tale of the appearance of Jesus any better than the woman who was chosen to deliver this miracle to the world...

Unbelievable!!!! 8 years ago I was dying easter eggs with my children, we were going to be late for church and the children were telling me to hurry up. I had a dyed egg in my hand and it was dripping, so I blew on it. Miraculously, an image of Jesus appeared on the egg! I placed the egg in a curio cabinet and it has remained in perfect condition for eight years. It is beautiful and time to give up so it can grace someone elses home.

I wonder if she was running late for a doctor's appointment rather than church and blew on that egg if an image of Hippocrates would have appeared. And if it did, would she have recognized him?
The highest (and only) bidder for this fragile icon goes by wendyannlovesgod and has never won an Ebay auction before. The going price is now $5000 ... are you feeling avarice, friends?

No comments: