Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Surprise Visit

I had the very unexpected pleasure of spending the morning with my PenPal.

I picked her up at the "Toy Airport", and we got to spend some quality private time together waiting for her luggage. We were then going to meet up with her sister, nephew and grandmother for breakfast, and that meant, The House Of Bob. When Scout heard that we were breakfasting she suggested that we go Cracker Barrel, as their biscuits rule in her opinion, but I knew it was not going to happen. First, because the PenPal ALWAYS goes to House of Bob and second, it is well-known that I boycott Cracker Barrel for political reasons. When the PenPal told me that we meeting up with her family at the CB, I just knew she and Scout were in cahoots.

We had a very leisurely brunch, trying just about everything between the five of us, and I must admit, they DO make the better breakfast, politics be damned.

And PeeWee is growing up to be a very polite, brilliant, sweet young man.

The Little Goober informed me that Lady Diana's wedding gown is on display in Dayton. I had no idea. Never having been to Dayton, I am thinking a road trip just may be in order.

It sure is nice having your best friend around.

No comments: