Monday, September 27, 2004

Time and Love

At long last, today is the day I celebrate owning my own copy of the CD, Laura Nyro: Live at the Bottom Line 1988!

I received it from an EBAY seller in California, after several years of waiting for a copy in excellent condition that one could purchase for less than $35. To make the waiting even more excruciating, I had borrowed a copy of the CD via inter-library loan from the New York Public Library...but the disc was so damaged it could not be copied, and barely played. Imagine my joy at a shiny, scratch-free disc!

Laura's live performances of Wedding Bell Blues, Stoned Soul Picnic and a "new" song, Companion are three of my favorite tracks of all the Nyro oeuvre.

I highly recommend giving this CD a listen. Delightful.

Time and Love refers to a Nyro tune, of course. To round off my day, I purchased four Fossil watches. I have no idea what came over me. I intended to buy one, but....there was a sale....and, well...I have a nice square sack of Fossil tins now. One is a gift, so three is slightly less self-indulgent, and with my current watch family of two, I think the five of us won't be seeing any additions at any point in the next decade or so. If you haven't checked out the majorly cool watchbands on the newest Fossil watches, I suggest you do so. But be forewarned, they appear to be surprisingly addictive...

Sadly, I visited the Fossil website, and found another "must-have"...I warned you about their addictive quality...

No comments: