Sunday, October 16, 2005

Everbody Wins - A Story of Housesitting

For the past week, MyFriendJason has been vacationing in Seattle. Because the thought made me so sad, MFJ offered up his home to me for the week, which cuts my commute to work in half.

Now not only is his home perfect (for my idiosyncratic tastes), it comes with a superfast internet connection. So, not only did I get to update my beloved blog, he even set it the computer with a personalized screensaver and wallpaper just for me.

I think I did pretty good job as a housesitter - I didn't set off the alarm, the plants are still alive. I just forgot about trash day. And I am posting this publicly so he can't kill me when he gets home tonight.

I adore his whole house but his shower is the best. I'm in love with it and his wonderfully thick towel. I told him I was having the locks and alarm code changed and just moving in. He said that was fine because he was staying in Seattle.

Everybody wins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Housesitting is such a fun thing to do - a chance to "try-on" a different way of living. Glad to know you had a good time.

L said...

Hello! I have linked to you, as you are quite Charming :)

I also love to housesit, when I can manage it. I always love rummaging through other people's libraries