Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Painting The Town

I spent the greater part of the day with MyAdoringPublic, helping her prepare her new home. This involved my expertise "cutting in" around all of the baseboards, trim, windows, doorways and ceiling in her bedroom. She had chosen a great Craftsman-y yellow/gold for the walls, and it was very cheery color to be working with. While I was set about onto that task, MAP completed the fireplace and built-in bookcase in the livingroom.

I work cheaply - this is well-known and MAP got me going with a steaming Starbuck's Triple Grande Latte. But, sadly, it did not last, and it was soon time for PIZZA! And the pizza arrived just in time to help celebrate a major event in MAP's life - the delivery of her very own washer and dryer! There was much excitement in the "House With The World's Largest Picture Window", which in reality is not unlike a small theatre's proscenium...

After our refreshing meal, MyAdoringPublic rolled the walls in the bedroom, and I did the trim and the window in the dining room.

With the singular exception of her CD player malfunctioning so that I could not play DJ, we had a great day and accomplished a lot.

Congratulations on your new pad, MAP! And really, keep the "artistically distressed" look in the spare bedroom - it's very elegant!

No comments: