Thursday, October 27, 2005

This Just In From The NYT...

So I'm reading the New York Times this evening, and while I am hastily discarding the useless sports page, a headline catches my eye.

Swoopes Says She Is Gay, and Exhales

Yes, Sheryl Swoopes, ranked in 1999 as the 87th greatest female athlete of all time, and three time MVP winner. What are the chances that a member of the WNBA should turn out to be gay?

Next thing you know they will start saying female golfers and tennis players are gay, too.

Oh, wait...

Well, anyway, not that I care, but the truly disturbing part of the article was that apparently Swoopes made the decision based on an endorsement offer from Olivia Cruise Lines. The Times article further chronicles her money problems. I guess that Nike shoe just wasn't cutting it...

Selling that part of yourself out had to hurt. That's all I'm saying.

No comments: