Tuesday, October 04, 2005

New Music Tuesday - Road Less Traveled

I lament missing the much-raved about performance by Joss Stone and Melissa Etheridge at the Grammy Awards on February 13, 2005. It was Melissa's first public performance following her bout with breast cancer, and it seems that the song they performed, Joplin's Piece of My Heart, was bit of music history.

So, I read that Melissa was releasing a greatest hits CD, which would have the song on it, so I waited patiently. Much like a Burmese python.

So I got the CD.

And the version of Piece of My Heart rocks, but it is NOT the live version. Which I have yet to hear and it is killing me.

The opening tune, Refugee, is outstanding, and the final tune, I Run For Life is very affecting.

And the hits in between are great.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is great compilation, but I already own all of her CD's - I just wanted that ONE SONG, which is not here. Now I'm whining. Sorry.

No comments: