Monday, October 31, 2005

Workplace Trick Or Treat

As I did last year, I spent the holiday in the workplace, where I played my two CD set of Bach's Great Organ Works by the incomparable Peter Hurford, as well as my Halloween Hits compilation. Beauregard Van Horn was working, too, and he would occasionally get on the intercom and tell mini spooky ghost stories as the customers were browsing ("It happened long ago on a night just like this..... " "This store was built on an old Indian burial ground..."). It was great fun.

The costumes were pretty great this year. We had a wonderful Marilyn Monroe, three obese clowns (Beauregard's clown costume even came with an internal fan to keep him cool!), a great martial artist with killer contact lenses, a fabulously hideous cafeteria lady, Dorothy and Toto, The Bride of Dracula, Obi-Wan, a ballplayer, a banana (!), a pirate and a pirate lady, a Gypsy ( could have been a extra from Heart's Little Queen photoshoot, or a cross between a 70's Cher and Rita Coolidge), Mr. Whipple, a Food Cop, and keeping in the holiday spirit, a pimp and their trick. That was a treat.

The funniest costume of all was one of the older employees, a motherly type, came dressed as one of the younger employees, complete with tie-dyed scarves, jewelry and dreadlocks. It was hysterical. MyFriendJason came in his jammies, robe and with a towel wrapped around his head. He said it was the most comfortable work day he had ever had. I reprised my role as the stylish Vlad in the tux, cape and top hat.

I love Halloween.

No comments: