Saturday, November 20, 2004

Finding Neverland

Annie and I went to see Finding Neverland this morning, before work. First of all, a moment to review the theatre...
We went to the Valley View Theatre, which is enormous and wonderful AND...you can get real food there, and take it in with you. I know what you are thinking...but I had a cheeseburger and fries and a drink, and it was $6. Which is less than a small popcorn in most theatres. So, I was deliriously happy, well-fed and sitting in nice, high-backed stadium seats in a big theatre even before the film began.

There isn't much to say...Finding Neverland was such a wonderful film. All of it. The story, the acting, the costuming, the filming, the music. All exquisite. And it is no secret that I love Johnny Depp - he does not disappoint. I am not one to get all emotional, but I teared up at several points in the film...and the end, well...what can you say?

This is not to say it is a sad movie though...we left feeling elated...I had that great feeling you get when you've encountered some great work of art or music. And I was bitten by the urge to go get "Peter Pan" to read. Neverland is fantastic.

No comments: