Tuesday, December 07, 2004

New Music Tuesday - Christmas III

Last year I casually listened to a bit of Operatica's Christmas Classics Performed, and had every intention of purchasing it, yet somehow the ship sailed and I forgot about it. I picked it up today, and not that I was disappointed with it, but it certainly is stranger than I had remembered. But, then again, let's keep in mind my recent misguided thoughts about Remy Shand...

Operatica is a group that fuses electronica/dance beats with opera, usually with quite pleasing results. The holiday CD features the wonderful Maureen O'Flynn. As I was composing this post, doing some research on Ms. Flynn, this is the first Google hit I found:

Maureen O'Flynn begins 2002 with her debut at the San Diego Opera in the role of role of GILDA. As anyone will tell you who has seen her perform and heard her mellifluous, lyrical voice...

Can we please have a moratorium on San Diego references? This is getting out of control. Really.

No comments: