Monday, December 20, 2004

What Some People Will Do To Be Mentioned On My Blog

My friend Jeff was annoyed with me because I never wrote anything about him. He deviously came up with a plan that would make it impossible for me NOT to write about him.

Jeff asked me if I would take photos at his upcoming wedding. Of course this was a very flattering offer, but it is also an overwhelmingly stressful thing to do - after all, I would be responsible for their memories of their day of bliss.

Well, Jeff upped the ante on all wedding photos. He and his bride were getting married outside. In Ohio. In December.

The Temperature was a balmy 10 degrees this afternoon. I won't bother to tell you what the wind chill was.

We gathered at the downtown gazebo and waited impatiently for the mayor to show up, and then everyone crowded into the rustic wooden gazebo for the brief ceremony ( literally four minutes) and then everyone ran to their running cars for warmth.

My shutter decided to be temperamental in the cold and I did not get a shot of the "You may kiss the bride" moment. Which is too bad because at that moment I realized that watching people kiss on TV is way different than watching someone doing it in front of you.

If that unphotographed moment has anything to say about their future, I think Donna and Jeff will have a long and happy life together.

Congratulations to you both! Now stop your whining.

No comments: