Thursday, May 04, 2006

All Thanks To MyAdoringPublic

So - I tried to be a reasonable member of society yesterday, and attempted to renew my car registration. But no. They informed me I had to go get an E-Check. Well, that was just not in my schedule of events.

MyAdoringPublic was gracious enough to switch shifts with me, which I meant I had until 4 in the afternoon to get my tedious errands accomplished. Which I did, all by 9:30 am, including two stops at two different Starbuck's. (Everyday, once a day, give yourself a present - Agent Dale Cooper.)
The gal at the E-Check was very impressed that the geriatric Toyota passed with flying colors, and she suggested that the Toyota company would WANT MY CAR and would replace it with a new one. Yeah. Right.

Then I came home, bought my tickets for my upcoming trip to Chicago - including tickets to see Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs exhibit at the Field museum - yippee!

And I read a book, The Highest Tide, about a 13 year old precocious boy named Miles that discovers (amongst other things) a giant squid on the flats of Puget Sound. Who loves giant squid and Seattle more than the Captain? No one. I really loved this story. It would make a great film. If only there was a Burmese python in it...

After that kind of day, one really shouldn't have to then go into work, should they?

Talk amongst yourselves.

No comments: