Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Tale Of Two (Liz) Tailors

Today I did something I have never done before!

I went to a real live, grown-up tailor's shop - and the tailor really had a cloth tape measure draped around his neck! So, Saturday I will pick up my fancy, tailored Liz Claiborne woman's tuxedo to wear at the big shindig in Chicago this weekend!

In other news, I saw today that Liz Taylor (74) went on CNN's Larry King to refute rumors published by the National Enquirer that she has Alzheimer's disease and is on her deathbed.

Taylor told King a lifetime of back pain from scoliosis and osteoporosis has forced her to use a wheelchair, and then asking Do I look like I'm dying? Do I look like or sound like I have Alzheimer's? If they want to hear that I'm dead, sorry, folks, I'm not. And I don't plan on it.

Taylor will always remain one of my favorite actresses - her performance in Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? simply has to be the best acting ever filmed. Burton, her soul mate, was pretty good, too.

No comments: