Friday, July 07, 2006

Freeing The Inner Geek

My day began with a discussion of the feebleness of Tyrannosaurus arms. I mean, really. What purpose did they serve? Tiny, disproportionate, weak little appendages. To which, much to my ongoing annoyance, my arms were compared. There was also a comparison made to snowmen stick-arms and fingers. Just because some people have mighty pterodactyl wing-span arms...

Anyway, after but a few hours of sleep, I arose and headed off to meet up with my dear Hollywood Stafford. We had some eye-opening coffee outside, and got a chance to visit and catch up. And I also got a good quid pro quo : Bang On A Can's Music for Airports and Josh Rouse's 1972. They look great. And I heard soome exciting news from Hollywood regarding his career plans, and the forthcoming baby, and then, some sad news regarding his Mom. My thoughts are with you, man.

Hollywood observed that I was "a pint low" and that it now looks like I've gotten a high-quality blood transfusion.

After our pre-work visit, I had time to go to Starbuck's and get treats for me and DJ Volvo (Pomegranate Frappuccino).

The big adventure of the day was when DJ V took me downstairs to the cafe, and showed me how to use a free wireless service while we had grilled cheese sandwiches. My inner geek was thrilled.

No comments: