Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lazy Afternoon

My lazy Sunday...As it was MyDayOff, I like to spend my time doing things for other people (get your requests in now, folks), so I went to Starbuck's to get fortification for the day's tasks : laundry and designing a flyer for DJ V’s upcoming gig. It came out very well, I think...we'll see if THEY like it. Which is the reason I am not a REAL graphic designer. I don't work well with constraints.

DJ V came down for dinner, and as I had no plan for that yet, suggested that she stop and just pick up something. I loved that. I asked if she liked spaghetti, and she said, Who doesn't? Good point. So I said that she should call me when she was fifteen minutes away, and I would place a call for a couple of spaghetti dinners and she could pick me up on the way, and we could go get it together. I then told her it would be a a big adventure, because we would have to go through the Akron ghetto to get to the restuarant. DJ V retorts:

So, we're having spa-ghetto?

I haven't laughed that hard since maracas for deaf people...another long, long and very fuuny story.

We get home, with our spaghetto and garlic loaf, and open a bottle of 2001 Clos du Bois North Coast Zinfandel , and let me tell you, EVERYTHING was funny. Must be one potent vintage!

Following dinner, DJ V gives me a present wrapped in yellow tissue. Looked suspiciously like a CD. Turns out to be the CD I told her, in passing, I was looking for, but I referred to it as Laurie Anderson, the The Orange One because I couldn't remember what it was called. Not only did she remember that fleeting bit of information, she got it exactly right. She's good.

DJ V was richly rewarded for her efforts, though I am still scolded for my inappropriate laughter.

No comments: