Thursday, July 06, 2006

Habitual Thursday

A great morning - Starbuck's, reading the NYT's, doing the dishes, playing around with my iTunes (which means searching for obscure 45 picture sleeves for individual songs and other obsessive-compulsive activity).

Then I headed down to get two of DJ V's watches repaired, as well as getting a new battery and band for my "work" watch. While I was driving to the watch repair place, I couldn't help but notice the license plate of the car in front of me:

B4EARTH

Before Earth? Huh? Then, it hit me - it was on a Prius. Be For Earth. I had to call DJ V and tell her my next call would probably be from jail asking her for bail money, because I was compelled to drive right into that guy and slap him silly...

Now knowing the time, laden with four watches, I went up to Cleveland, and DJ V and I went to Captain Tonys' for pizza -complete with outdoor dining.

Before I had to be at work, I had enough time to accompany DJ V on a few of work-related tasks, which were in the most lovely areas of Cleveland (note to MyFriendJason - facetious voice), and included a stop at a completely boarded up house, where a beater car ws being towed out of the driveway, and a stop by a
costumer's home. This stop really tried my belief in people, as DJ V was out of visual range for an uncomforatbale amount of time. The good thing about the trip, besides the company and the music, was I spotted a lot of fading advertisements on old brick buildings that I hope to have time to come and photograph, now that I have my SuperCamera...

After work, I continued to save on gas, but extended the ownership of my car by staying in Cleveland. At this rate, I'll never get to 300,000...

We've settled in to a nice Thursday routine - I work til 2 am, and DJ V gets some personal time to do laundry, clean up the house, read magazines, practice juggling, get a pedicure, and God knows what else...and I get to come home to someone waiting for me on the couch.

The Captain could get used to this...in fact, it is a bit too late already.

No comments: