Saturday, July 01, 2006

If Life Was Orchestrated, It Would Sound Something Like That

It was a bright, sunny wonderful Saturday on the NorthCoast.

A little moment of surrealism - right between the Gap and Banana Republic. Pony rides! But they were really little ponies for really little kids. I would have ridden a pony this morning...

Well, lunch time rolls around, and it seems that at last TheSmokin'Hot HotDogGirl and I have cultivated our relationship to the point where I no longer have to pay for my weekend lunches. It puts me in mind of my hallowed Seattle days, when Cmonkie and MyPersonalBarista Taya would hook me up with all the lattes I could handle...

The shopping center where I work was having fireworks at 10 pm, so the co-manager of the nightcrew and myself made all of the employees go outside behind our store, and we all watched the fireworks for ten minutes. It was really fun to stand out there with everyone, and the pay-off for taking such a small break was immediately recognizable. Everyone felt a deep sense of comraderie, and was in great spirits to tackle the remaining workload of the night.

So, I was driving on home at midnight, listening to a CD compliation of obscure songs that I was missing in digital form that DJ V had kindly collected, and a great, happy, upbeat Am I The Same Girl Swing Out Sister remix came on, just as the skyline of Cleveland came into view - complete with fireworks exploding overhead...

No comments: