Friday, February 18, 2005

Goodbye Adios Auf Wiedersehn Adieu

Tonight we gathered at the Fox and Hound to celebrate Heather's internship. It was certainly fun to go out after work, something I rarely do, and it was made even more pleasant by the inclusion of some Knob Creek Whiskey.

The party was very nice, the company exquisite. The one odd thing about it was how the spouses (the men folk) gravitated to their own table, leaving Heather and the gals (6 of us) on our own. Funny how that works...

And since it was a party for my dear Heather, I decided that the occasion called for something special, so I broke out my skirt, a blouse, my ultra-cool guitar-string bracelets and heels. I hope it was memorable. Just trying to stay warm at work makes everyone look like a hobo, with layers upon layers of clothing and various scarves, hats and gloves accessorizing the ensemble. Color matching is definitely not a criteria - warmth is the key. Therefore, when given the opportunity to get together in regular clothes, it is very exciting, indeed.

No comments: