Friday, February 11, 2005

Premonition of A Day That Is Going To Suck

At 9 a.m. this morning I was awakened by my bed vibrating for no good reason. It seems that my downstairs neighbor has moved out, and they were refinishing the hardwood floors for the new tenant.

Since I did not have to be to work until 3 p.m. today, being awakened like this annoyed me pretty much. I had no choice but to get up and go to Starbuck's for some peace and quiet and non-vibrating seating.

By the time I returned home from work at 2 a.m. I had forgotten my early morning evacuation, and was completely overcome by the terrible fumes of polyurethane, floor stripper, and paint. It was a most noxious combination. I had no choice but to open all of my windows and fall into bed. I was sure I was going to have pneumonia or bronchitis when I woke up. Either way, it was going to suck.

No comments: