Sunday, June 19, 2005

# 10

H__ could not stop raving about the book she was reading. She called me to read lines that struck her as incredibly funny, and then she said that I would really like the book because it was written the way I speak.

Well, with such a flattering recommendation, I couldn't wait to start it, and she graciously loaned me her copy. The book is The Girl's Guide To Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank.

I started reading the book, and found myself wondering if somehow the interior contents had been replaced, as what I was reading was not in any way what I was expecting.

I finished the book this evening, and though I did not find the book funny at all, it was a pretty good read. It was something I would have never chosen on my own, and the story lingers with you, which proves that it was a worthwhile book, but I found it to be rather sad. This review really sums up my opinion quite well.

It continues to amaze me that two people who like each other so much can have such disparate tastes in literature and music.

Go figure.

No comments: