Tuesday, June 07, 2005

New Music Tuesday - A Little Country

Okay, I really haven't lost my mind.

The other evening my store manager put the bluegrass station on the XM radio. This song came on, and let me just tell you, if you ever want people to move quickly and get all fired up, just play this little ditty called "Douglas the Dog." What a great song. Naturally I had to go out and find the CD which was from the surprising source of The US Navy Country Current Bluegrass Quartet : Navy Blue Bluegrass.

The other CD treasure of the day is Gail Davies - The Songwriter Sessions, which arrived as a special bonus gift from my Penpal. It is a two CD set, and I have only yet gotten through one of the discs, but I have been enjoying it very much. Gail is a sadly overlooked talent, and it was very nice to revisit her on this new record.

No comments: