Sunday, June 05, 2005

Open the Coffers

I spent the day at Crate and Barrel, assembling a shopping list for the house. I picked out two great red velvet Porter chairs and a round copper Collina cocktail table to set in front of the leaded glass windows in the living room, and a round Galerie dining room table with leather Pullman chairs. I guess the Tudor nature is just calling out for round tables...Anyway, it was a nice feeling to be taken seriously by the staff, and also nice to actually spend money on a practical investment like furniture.

After putting the items on hold until H__ could come and see them, I wandered into an art gallery because I could see several Frederick Hart sculptures from the windows. In keeping with the theme of the day, the gallery staff were really selling me on what a great investment a Hart sculpture would be for me, and I agreed. Unfortunately, the sculpture in question was ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Yeah.

When I got home, H__ called telling me that she was laying on her chaise lounge, designing the piece to be hung over the fireplace. Something fabulous with cascading gingko leaves she thinks. I can't wait to see it...

No comments: