Sunday, June 19, 2005

And The Pile Keeps Growing...

So as Faithful Readers might recall, was going through a period where I couldn't find a book that interested me at all, and I was quite worried about not being able to come up with a Ten Best List of books for 2005.

Well, so much for that. Here is the list of books that I have recently acquired that are currently stacked on my bedside table, just pestering me to get on with them...

1. Guitar : An American Life by Tim Brookes (in progress) (great pictures of his completed guitar can be seen here.)
2. Take Big Bites: Adventures Around the World and Across the Table by Linda Ellerbee (in progress)
3. Death and the Sun : A Matador's Season in Heart of Spain by Edward Lewine
4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
5. Byron – Life and Legend by Fiona McCarthy
6.Granite and Rainbow: The Hidden Life of Virginia Woolf by Mitchell Leaska
7. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
8. The Stones of Summer by Dow Mossman
9. Franky Furbo by William Wharton (another recommendation from H__)

No comments: