Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Red Cup – An Insider Story

I came across this interesting post today, about one of my favorite subjects: Starbuck's.

It heralds the arrival of the Red Cup, the harbinger of the holiday season. Being a classicist, I can't go in for eggnog lattes and that sort of thing, but my triple grande latte is made a wee bit more festive in a nice red cup. I have to admit to liking the design this year, especially the hand drawn row of Christmas lights around the rim. Nice touch, folks.

I really liked this story of struggle and intrigue, and the "behind-the-scenes" stuff that goes into something seemingly so simple as the cup that contains your morning brew. Read it. You might have a new appreciation for the amount of time, energy and talent that is spent on everything that you encounter.

And, lest we forget, all hail the print production gurus who make it happen.

No comments: