Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Gentlemen, Check Your Engines

I awoke, not terribly inspired, knowing I had just this day to prepare as much as I could for the movers.

I thought it would be special to not move dirty clothes, and so I tackled the laundry first. In my haste, I neglected to check my work shirt pockets before throwing the clothes into the washer and then the dryer...and I was not amused to discover that five shirts were ruined because I stupidly washed my favorite pen, which exploded and leaked all over the things in the dryer! Man, I HATE that!

I got my storage area completely emptied - not that it was a big deal - I stored mostly luggage, my Christmas tree, and many, many empty boxes. I don't really throw boxes away when I purchase something, probably because I have learned that I will be moving somewhere soon, and it makes your life easier to have good boxes for fragile items...

Then it was time to take my car back to the dealership so they could discern why the engine light was on...It took them three hours. The reason was some kind of fume/valve thingy.

I was very happy to get behind the wheel, and not see that amber engine glaring at me!

And, the repair didn't cost me any money - just a chunk of my time, which at this point is very limited, rare and valuable. But I did get to catch up on my tabloid reading - always a bright side!

No comments: