Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New Arrivals

I spent the lion's share of the day waiting for the purchase of my new car to go through, while DJ V whiled away the hours laying on the couch at home, reading and eating bon bons and being fanned by the cabana boys...

The couch is very accomodating...

We went out for a late brunch to the Cracker Barrel, then I had a list of errands to run - I had to return a camera bag to BestBuy (too small), get a haircut (conceptualized by DJ V), look at phones ... all kinds of necessary tedium.

We then walked up to the coffeehouse, because the NewCar was safely ensconced in the garage, and sucked up the free WiFi.

While we were there, I received a call from Hollywood Stafford - his new baby arrived - safe, sound and happy! I know Hollywood will be a wonderful dad! What a great journey he is embarking on! I am very happy for him...

It was getting late, and I had a craving for shrimp, so DJ V and I returned to the "scene of the crime" for dinner. It was there that I discovered her hidden passion for Amstel Light. After all of these years - I had no idea.

After dinner, I put my PartnerInCrime to the test, and she passed with flying colors. It is not just anyone you can be on the run from the Law with, y'know?

Then, we wanted to relax and watch a movie, and apparently I was in a regressive state, and thrust one of my favorite stupidly enjoyable films upon her unsuspecting eyes - but anyone will agree, the final scene is a COMPLETE payoff. I am always impressed by experts in their field, any field, so, I can watch Cassandra twirl her tassels any day. That's some talent, folks.

No comments: