Monday, September 11, 2006

That's All Folks!


The day began on a bad note what with DJ V heading south to Columbus. It will be several days before we will get to be together, and I am not happy about that fact, but we are being mature and taking care of business.

So, off I went, to face the Mass Leave-Taking...MyAdoringPublic, J-Lo...At least the three of us got to go to lunch, and I picked Champps, because I really love their tortellini Sylvina - ricotta cheese tortellini tossed with sauteed chicken, spinach and basil in a sun-dried tomato cream sauce, served with great garlic bread. It was a lovely day, and we got to enjoy our lunch out on the patio. My generous and kind friends hooked me up with a Starbuck's giftcard and thermos, AND a bottle of Veuve Clicquot...something great must be happening soon, as I'll that chilling in the fridge!

It was very touching that a couple of employees made a special trip on their day off to come in and spend some time with me, and I quickly realized that my day would not be about working, it would be all about sitting around, talking and spending a few final moments with my co-workers. Sounds better than it was - it's really hard parting from so many great folks.

My OpticianFriend arrived in the afternoon, and brought in my new spectacles. She really wanted to take the day off (and ended up doing so) but she made the trip in, just to deliver my glasses to me. What a pal!

Then there was the ubiquitous GoingAwayCake, which benefits the staff much more than the "recipient".

And finally, I turned in my keys, and took my leave.

No more one hour, one-way commutes!

I headed home, packed up a few things, and took the mirrors off of my antique dressers.

No comments: