Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Long Weekend

The long weekend began today, with us having to get up and head off on separate road trips. DJ V hooked me up with her GPS, which was fantastic, because those Pittsburgh streets are just crazy...

Everything started out real nice, until I started the NewCar, and the damn engine light came on! DJ V calmed me down and suggested that the service department was open and that I should call them, so I did. They seem to think that the detailers, while detailing the engine got a little sloppy and something got into someplace it shouldn't have. They seemed to think it would take several starts of the engine to burn it off, and that it would be fine to drive as long as it didn't flash... wow, was that comforting...

I arrived in Pgh on time, safely in the new 'hood, and met up with my new landlord and got the MANY keys to my new home. I took photos, and was driving myself crazy envisioning how my stuff was going to fit into the space. Although the building is from the right era, the apartment itself is quite modern, and none of my stuff is going to work right. But, I have air conditioning, and that might make it all worthwhile.

I ran across the street to the coffeeshop to build my friendship with my NewBarista, where I discovered that not only are they not open on Sundays, they don't sell the New York Times, which foils several of plans for my fantasy Sunday mornings...

I then turned around and headed home, so that I could work until 2 am!

When I caught my reflection in the rearview mirror this time, I noticed I looked uncannily like Laurie Anderson, and I found that comparison much more palatable. To celebrate, I drove to work listening to her Live In New York concert CD from 2001.

No comments: