Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Licensed To Be Cranky

I had to take the NewCar back to the dealership today for its detailing appointment, and DJ V was kind enough to drop me off before heading down south for the afternoon...

I took advantage of my day to be sequestered at home to throw out more crap. As I like to remind DJ V, I once moved across the country to Seattle with a suitcase, a backpack and my cat. That's it. Now, here I am after four years with a stupid amount of accumulated crap...The Penpal will agree, one of my fondest wastes of time is "going through things"...

Anyway, seven hours later, the folks from the dealership came to pick me up and I went to Swenson's for some refreshment, and to read a little of my book. I caught a glimpse of myself in the rearview mirror, and realized that today I looked way too much like Limahl from Kajagoogoo.

What with all of the working, cleaning, waiting, looking like an 80's pop singer, I was pretty cranky. When DJ V arrived back home, she made sure I got some food (more Swenson's, but a milkshake this time), and put me to bed, and excused my crankiness because of my prior good behaviour... {substitute verbiage alert!}

No comments: