Sunday, January 09, 2005

Communique

There was a letter in my email box the other day from a unknown address. It looked very suspicious and it is my personal policy to delete mail from unknown senders immediately and with prejudice.

Something made me not delete it and it sat for there for awhile.

Eventually I opened it, and found a letter from a stranger in Virginia that had been reading the blog.

This fellow is a poetic soul, and it was a lovely letter, tricked out with many turns of phrase borrowed from the great Laura Nyro's lyrics.

I read and re-read this letter many times, trying to grasp the intention behind it. Strange thing, this internet. Disconnected and connected.

I revel in the gifts the day can bring you - and while not all gifts are things you would have chosen for yourself, or are not the right size or color, it really is the thought that counts in the long run.

No comments: