Monday, January 31, 2005

A Treasure Found

I have been searching for a few CD's to replace old and cherished vinyl for some time, and today I can cross one off the list...

Long, long ago The Burly Bachelor loaned me two of his albums back when the term "New Age Music" was fresh as a daisy. Well, he actually loaned me several albums, the bulk of which were unlistenable, but two I really liked.

Today's find was Nightnoise, by Billy Oskay and Michael O'Domhnaill from 1984. (Windham Hill -1031). I never thought I would be able to listen to this music again...
Oskay plays violin, viola, piano and harmonium and O'Domhnaill plays guitars, whistles, piano and harmonium. It is a quiet, lovely album and I am so happy to have it.

Now, if anyone can scare up a copy (although to the best of my knowledge it was never released on CD) of Bill Quist's Piano Solos of Erik Satie (Windham Hill -1008), I will be in heaven.

No comments: