Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Second Promotion Celebration

I received my first promotion at my job on June 28. Six months to the day later, my manager informed me that I would be moving up the food chain again.

To celebrate this moment in my career, Heather and I spent a lovely afternoon together at the movies, then we were off to a great meal at the Inn at Turner's Mill, a place I had been longing to go to. The Inn was given the Award of Excellence from the Distinguished Restaurants of North America.

We arrived a bit early and were given our choice of the Fireside Room or the main Dining Room for our meal. My inclination would always be the Fireside Room, especially on this cold and wintery night, but after peeking inside, we saw that it was very full, and the main dining room was relatively vacant, so we chose the peace and privacy of the main room.

To start off our meal, we had an appetizer of pan-fried pumpkin and goat cheese ravioli topped with smoked mushroom bacon cream. It was outstandingly heavenly. Now that I have had the experience of eating there, I would have stuck with my first inclination, which was to have a meal of the mushroom barley soup, the ravioli and glass of wine and skip the entree.

But, I tried the chargrilled pork porterhouse with roasted apples, arugula and blue cheese with spiced apple jus. I just didn't do anything for me.

So now I know.

But the place is quite serene and lovely, as was my dining companion. It was a quiet and wonderful celebration to acknowledge that things might just be going right...

No comments: