Tuesday, January 18, 2005

New Music Tuesday - Julia Fordham: That's Live

You might think I have lost my mind, because back in August I reviewed the newly released CD, That's Life by Julia Fordham. But no, this is a newly released LIVE CD, and I have already beat the horse regarding my feelings for live CD's, so this was clearly a must-have.

Funny thing is though, while I was so excited to see many tracks from Porcelain (my favorite CD), I am so acclimated to the original versions that I am not so fond of her updated live versions. Go figure.

The other funny thing is that prior to its official release I read a review of this disc in our local entertainment rag that simply tore it to shreds. It was the most negative review I have ever read. The reviewer obviously knew nothing about Julia, and was obviously not the kind of person who would ever sit down and listen to one of her songs. It would be like me trying to write something incisive about Slipknot or Mushroomhead, two bands I am horrified to admit I am familiar with due to my association with our night crew...

I wish the review was on-line so you could read it...perhaps when I have the time I will illegally transcribe it and post it here...

No comments: