Thursday, January 27, 2005

A Transcript of an Actual Conversation : A Play in One Scene

Granted I have rampant short-term memory loss, but to the best of my ability, this is exactly what happened tonight between myself {CstL} and MyFriendJason {MFJ} ...

MFJ: (singing along to the XM Radio) You light up my life...
CstL: That's lovely, Debby Boone. This song was the theme song to a movie of the same name starring...who?
MFJ: I have no idea.
CstL: Didi Conn! Best known as Frenchie from the movie Grease.
MFJ: What was Stockard Channing's character name in Grease?
CstL: Rizzo!
MJF: From Rizzo to the First Lady...
CstL: Do you know who played Rizzo in the recent Broadway revival of Grease?
MFJ: No.
CstL: Lucy Lawless, Xena Warrior Princess.

(enter Passing Co-Worker, crossing the length of the stage in front of both CstL and MFJ, in a deadpan aside to CstL)

PCW: You know the most amazing amount of useless crap...


There you have it, a one-liner biography.

No comments: