Thursday, January 20, 2005

What The Day Will Bring, Part One

Planets seem to be in favorable positions for the women in my world. My dear friend Heather announced today that she has gotten a paid internship in her field - go figure.

I am very happy for her as she will actually be putting to use all of the knowledge and skills she has acquired in graduate school. There's a concept for you. When you study 19th century theatre, focusing on 19th century magicians and the theatrical display of dinosaurs in early American museums as I did, you must be prepared to do it solely for your own edification, and to not plan to make money at it.

Heather would be an asset to any company, and I am sure this internship will parlay itself into great things as her vertical career path takes off.

Congratulations, my friend! 2005 is off to a fine start!

No comments: