Saturday, April 30, 2005

Domesticity, Part II

In keeping with my low-key weekend, I spent almost the entire day, following the Starbuck's stop, at the library. My research took me to many different places today, and six hours passed in the blink of an eye. I would have continued, but the need for nutrition was overwhelming.

I stopped into my old haunt, The Franklin Square Deli, for my usual, a tuna bagel, one of my favorite treats.

Following that I spent a few hours at the bookstore, drinking coffee and picking up the new issues of Modern Painters and Art in America.

I was trying to decide whether to purchase a number of books, and confronted with so many choices, I simply fled with my coffee and magazines.

For some reason, I was compelled to read short plays of Samuel Beckett, plays by Jean-Paul Sartre, a biography of Ray Bradbury, poems by Billy Collins, the collected works of Jules Verne, Well's The War of the Worlds, short stories by Russell Banks, and several film reference works. With this disjointed collection to choose from, it was impossible to gauge my reading temperament. Magazines seemed to do nicely.

The rest of the day was spent on the phone, with many leisurely conversations.

No comments: