Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Spring Social

Tonight I threw a party for my store.

With the help of my excellent taskforce, we assembled a sit-down, family-style Italian feast (antipasto, warm bread and European butter, salad, pasta and meatless meatballs, eggplant cutlets with mozzarella, Prosecco wine, and Italian water and sodas, and the piece de resistance, a homemade tiramisu).

We played a short and humorous "game show", kind of a cross between Weakest Link and the Price is Right, then ate, then, with the help of the Master of Ceremonies, the talented and marvelous Jeff, everyone was presented with an award.

The truly amazing thing about the evening was that all 53 employees came to the shindig. My manager said that he has never seen a 100% turnout at a company event in his life.

It was a great night filled with laughter and camaraderie.

It lacked in only one area, that our very own BIRTHDAY GIRL was not able to stop in and be the guest of honor. In any case, I wish you a most happy birthday, my friend, and I look forward to a sinful meal to celebrate with you.

No comments: