Monday, April 04, 2005

Near or With ?

When one is presented with a life-changing decision, list making is often quite useful. In the past I think I was more inclined to run into things without thinking too much about the consequences. On the other hand, before I moved out here to Ohio, I very carefully analyzed the pros and cons of my decision with a trained professional, and neither of us could have foreseen the series of unfortunate events that unfolded, nor the direction the good events would take me.

What pleased me about my though process on this particular subject, made more delicate as it concerned someone else as well, was that we independently came to the same conclusion.

NEAR is better than WITH.

Or, to be succinct I can thank Whoopi Goldberg for this one:

"Anyone living with you, who is not you, is a problem."

No comments: