Tuesday, April 12, 2005

New Music Tuesday – E.G. Kight

So there I was at work, minding my own business, when some kind soul changed the XM Radio to the blues station for me. And this Phantom-conjuring song, complete with steamy sax solo, came on, and I had no idea who this performer was.

Checking out the display, it said : E.G. Kight. Not only did it not ring a bell, it looked suspiciously like a typo. So I stopped into the record store, and lo and behold if E.G. Kight isn't a blues-singing, guitar playing performer that would give K.T. Oslin a run for the money. Granted, K.T. is certainly country, but I think it has something to do with their ages, and that they go by their initials - in any case, they seem to be one and the same in my book.

The CD is Takin' It Easy, the track is When You Were Mine. A very unexpected discovery, and a great companion for those days when you easily exhaust the K.T. Oslin oeuvre. Nice, simple, honest arrangements. I am quite sure she would be a hoot to see live in some little bluesy dive.

No comments: