Monday, April 18, 2005

A Very Long Day

I had to be at work today at 10 am to have a meeting with our district manager. In other work environments, this would have made me very anxious, to say the least, but in my lovely little current job, I was actually looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with him.

The meeting went incredibly well, and we got to sit outside (a cherished treat in this climate!) at the chess tables in our center. (Where I work, they have created a chess area, with a giant ground chess set for the wee folk, where the pieces are as tall as the kids, and many chess tables complete with heaters for the evening, umbrellas for the rare days of sun, and clocks to time your turn. There is even a "chess guard" on duty, to help you learn the game, or to mediate fights, I suppose. I have yet to see that happen though...)

Following the meeting, I went in to work, and left at 11:30 at night.

No comments: