Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Case of the Atrophied T Rex Arm

Seems my friend H__ went and hurt herself and had to go to the hospital. She has a deep muscle strain or something like that, meaning that for two weeks she can't lift anything over ten pounds.

I thought that she needed some cheering up, and that lifting a fork full of orrechiette pasta was no where near ten pounds, so I took her to Sergio's for dinner. Sadly, it was too cold to sit outside, but we still had a great time.

When her two weeks of recovery are over, I told her left arm would be all weak and skinny and atrophied, just like a Tyrannosaurus arm. Useless and feeble. Artists who use their hands (and she is left handed as well) don't think those kind of statements are funny...

To appease her, I agreed when she suggested that we get a movie. Her choice was In Good Company, which I had forgotten starred Scarlett Johansson -sigh. It was a quite enjoyable little entertainment. And most rare - it had a good ending, not the trite, usual Hollywood romantic, wrap-it-up ending. Did I mention Scarlett Johansson's gravitational pull of quiet fascination?

In other recovery news, my PDXTraveller received the results from her battery of tests, and they were ALL NEGATIVE!!!!!

Let the pigeons loose, and the celebrations begin! She is off to begin classes for her Master's degree, and I hope that the sun shines on her for a long, long time!

No comments: