Tuesday, May 31, 2005

And You Thought The Birthday Festivities Were Over

My Penpal sent a surprise birthday package to me at work today, and I have already covered how I love receiving stuff at work. So, I eagerly awaited my lunch when I could open it and enjoy.

I am now the proud owner of the hardcover version of Byron: Life and Legend by Fiona MacCarthy. Both my Penpal and I wanted to read this when it was first released, but never got around to it. I sent her the paperback version because I couldn't find the hardcover anywhere. The bonus about this copy, then, is it came with two dustjackets! I think I will send one to her, so she can wrap it around some other book...it will look great.

The other grand surprise was the DVD package of Funny Girl and Funny Lady. Ms. Streisand played an enormous role in my teenage years, and Funny Lady played a formative piece in my development. As for Funny Girl...I had never seen it before meeting my dear Penpal, and it was her favorite Streisand film. So, to be the proud owner of both of these means a lot. It's hard to choose where to begin: The Roller Skate Rag or How Lucky Can You Get?

And that is the natal Month Celebration Wrap-up Folks!

No comments: