Friday, August 26, 2005

The Intentionally Vague Post

Your Captain St. L is blessed with an excellent constitution, and has been to the hospital but thrice (twice for childhood-incurred bleeding wounds and once for the Unfortunate Incident in PDX) in four decades.

So, I was having a mild health crisis and it made me fairly concerned and also strangely embarrassed. I figured the truth of the situation lay in one of three choices:
1. It was something really bad, requiring certain surgery
2. It was something that was at least going to require the assistance of a medical professional
3. It would go away if I just ignored it.

Being an absolute Taurus, I chose, of course, to suffer in silence and ignore it.

However, I then decided to swallow my considerable pride and reach out to a trusted friend ( you know who you are) who not only confirmed my own diagnosis, said friend eased my mind with his own experiences of the same complaint...and gave me helpful tips on dealing with it. These tips combined with the fortuitous fact of kneeling too long at work at hurting my knee requiring popping a few Advil, seem to have eradicated my medical trauma.

I am only bringing this up because I was struck by the power of a friend that you can trust - even with seemingly embarrassing, personal terrors.

All's well that end's well.

No comments: