Tuesday, August 02, 2005

New Music Tuesday - Adriana Evans

Well, I can't tell you how much I hate not being "in the know". So, imagine my displeasure at discovering that the fabulous Mary Stallings has a daughter who is also a vocalist, and released a self-titled album in 1997. Upon hipping up to this, I placed an order for the CD and anxiously awaited its arrival, and oh, I was not disappointed.

This is a great CD from beginning to end, one of the very few that you can sit through although I have to admit to getting a bit squirmy by the end...I'd probably chop off the last two tracks...but that's me.

Adriana shys away from her mothers forte of torchy jazz standards, and forges ground in neo-classic soul, with real honest-to-god- strings and horns. She sets a great steamy groove and has some impeccable pipes.

Oh, yes, we like this one.

No comments: