Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New Music Tuesday - From the Stacks of Hollywood Stafford

Well, Ol' Hollywood hooked me up with two choice CD's.

The first one is The California Guitar Trio: CG3 + 2. This is a very cool CD, but here is a call-out to Brokenbrush, and any one else who has a VERY expensive audio system with tube amplifiers and thousand dollar per foot speaker cable... WATCH THE BASS! There is a LOT of it on this disc. My fav track is Melrose Avenue, the disc opener. Skyline and Dancing Anne are great as well, and Zundoko-bushi, a Japanese traditional tune is like a soundtrack to the 60's Batman show, which made me immediately get out my neglected Aquavelvets CD, Guitar Noir, a give that a little love.

CD #2 was a 2 disc "chill" set called Later. There are many excellent tracks on here, and if I weren't so persnickety, I'd probably just put the discs in a let them play. That's how well it works. But me being me, I have to copy some tracks and re-arrange them. Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T Lev is a bass god.

Not for the faint of heart.

He is a maniac... great bass guitar player who has played with the likes of Yes, King Crimson, Peter Gabriel and others...

Check out the Tony Levin thundersticks... or, as they are referred to now, as "Funk Fingers."

Here's what they look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tony-Levin-Funk-Fingers-drumsticks-on-your-fingertips_W0QQitemZ7341159390QQcategoryZ7266QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem