Friday, August 26, 2005

Winter Preparations

I thought I deserved a little micro-vacation today since I was scheduled to leave work around 11 pm, drive one hour home, and then driving back to work for my 6 am shift.

It occurred to me that I could just spend the night in the hotel across the street, introducing myself to the staff and checking it all out before the winter storm season is upon us and I end up spending several nights there as my home away from home. This little plan would also give me two extra hours of sleeping time - a very precious commodity.

The indoor pool and sauna are great, there is a business center, the shower was fine, and the king bed was agreeable. The other amenities were less than deluxe, but then, so was the special "neighbor" discount they offered me.

This bodes well for the holiday season...

No comments: