Sunday, July 03, 2005

Another Afternoon With Kadobi

I drove up to work early this morning, to take care of some paperwork and employee reviews that were due that I had not been able to finish because of the CarTrauma of yesterday morning. I sat outside at the chess tables and drank coffee and did my paperwork, feeling very civilized, and then Kadobi and I thought that another matinee was in order.

I was starving, and Kadobi consented to join me for lunch. There were several options within walking distance of the theatre, and we chose Hoggy's Barn and Grille, because neither of us had ever been in there.

It is a great looking, low-key kinda place, and we think it would be fun to make a reservation for a romantic meal in one of the silos. But that's us. I tried the mac and cheese, the asparagus with almonds, and a pulled chicken sandwich - all of it was great comfort food.

When we were walking back to the theatre following our meal, Kadobi realized he left his sunglasses there and ran back. At the same time, as in any good farce, from the other side of the restaurant, our server emerged, running Kadobi's sunglasses out to me. That was good service. I'm glad we left a sizeable tip.

Today we went to see War of the Worlds. Big H.G. Wells fan. I even like Tom Cruise - easy on the eyes, y'know (but not excusing the Katie Holmes madness...)? And while it was a pleasant enough diversion (being that it was air conditioned, as you know, my prime requisite for summer afternoons, and this theatre features good coffee AND reclining stadium seating) but I have to state that the ending is potentially the worst ending in film history. Perhaps in all of the storytelling history of mankind. It's that's lame. So, I suggest just getting up and walking out about five minutes before the end. You'll thank me.

No comments: